Synchronization is usually related to cloud storage services such as OneDrive or Dropbox, but you can also sync your files locally. Microsoft released its own syncing tool called SyncToy, and today we're going to show you how to download and install this tool on Windows 10.
Before addressing any computer issue, we always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance.
Downloading drivers manually can be a long and tedious process, therefore, in order to ensure your computer is running error-free and using the latest drivers, you can use tools such as DriverAgent Plus to download quickly all the necessary drivers.
To use DriverAgent Plus follow these simple steps:
- Download DriverAgent Plus (100% safe download and endorsed by us).
- Once the download is complete start the DriverAgent Plus.
- Click the Start Scan button and let DriverAgent Plus download all the necessary drivers.
Outdated drivers can often cause crashes, file loss and even permanent damage to your computer. To ensure that your computer is stable, make sure to regularly check for driver updates with DriverAgent Plus.
SyncToy is a freeware syncing application from Microsoft, and it was a part of PowerToys series. This application is written using Microsoft's .NET framework and it utilizes Microsoft Sync Framework.
In order to use this tool, users have to select a left folder that works as a source and a right folder that works as a destination. Great thing about this application is that you can choose any folder to be your destination or source folder. You're not limited to your internal hard drive, therefore you can choose a folder on a portable hard drive, USB flash drive or even a network drive.
To install SyncToy on Windows 10, you need to do the following:
- Visit Microsoft Download Center.
- Click the Download button.
- Select the version you wish to download. If you use 32-bit version of Windows 10 select the x86 version, but if you use 64-bit Windows, be sure to select 64-bit version of SyncToy. Click the Next button to start the download.
- Once the download is completed, locate the file you just download and double click it to start the setup.
- First thing you'll notice is the Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Core Components agreement. Read it, and click the Accept button.
- Wait until setup installs Microsoft Sync Components.
- Setup will now give you a warning message. Read it, check I have read and understand the warning above and click the Next button.
- Now you'll see License agreement. Read it, select the I Agree option and click the Next button.
- Select the destination directory where you want to install SyncToy. If you want, you can install the application just for the current user or for all users on this computer. Once you're done, click the Next button.
- Click Next button once again to start the installation process.
- Once the setup is completed click the Close button.
READ THIS ALSO:
Salesforce1 Mobile App Released For Windows 10
After the SyncToy is installed, you can start it by double clicking the SyncToy 2.1 shortcut.
To start synchronizing your folders you need to do the following:
- When the application starts click the Create New Folder Pair.
- Now you need to select left folder and right folder. Click Browse and select the two folders that you want to synchronize. After you're done click the Next button.
- Now you need to select which method of synchronization you want to use. There are three methods available: Synchronize, Echo and Contribute. Synchronize option will synchronize any new, deleted or renamed files. This means that if you delete or rename any file in either of the two folders, the changes will be performed to the second folder as well.
Second option is Echo, and it works similarly as the previous option but with one difference. While using this option changes are only applied from the left to the right folder. This means that if you make any changes in the right folder, they won't be applied to the left folder.
Last option is called Contribute, and it's the safest option to use. This option allows you to rename files in the left folder in order to update the right folder. Changes in the right folder won't affect the left folder at all. It's also important to mention that this option doesn't allow deleting, so even if you delete a file in the left f older, that folder won't be deleted in the right folder.
- After you've selected the option that works best for you click the Next button.
- Enter the name of the folder pair and click the Finish button.
After creating the folder pair, you can see its properties. If you want, you can change the Synchronization settings at any time and you can even exclude certain files from synchronization. Synchronizing folders is simple, and to do that just click the Run button.
After the syncing process is completed you'll see a detailed report.Bear in min d that you can have as many folder pairs as you like, and you can sync them all with just a single click, or you can sync them individually.
To make sure that you don't accidentally delete your files, there's a option to preview changes before you sync your files. In addition, you can turn on the option to move all deleted files to Recycle Bin in order to avoid deleting the files permanently by accident.
READ THIS ALSO:
Fix: PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR error on Windows 10
SyncToy is a great tool for backing up your files, and if you want you can even schedule a backup. To see how to schedule a backup in SyncToy we suggest that you check the help manual for detailed instructions.
SyncToy might not have some advanced features that other applications have, but we have to say that SyncToy works flawlessly on Windows 10. If you used this application in previous versions of Windows, you'll be happy to know that you can continue using it on Windows 10 as well.
Keeping your PC at peak performance isn't as hard as you think, especially if you have a proper software tool such as ReimagePlus.
This software that we strongly recommend will repair most computer errors, protect you from file loss and hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance.
- Download ReimagePlus (100% safe download and endorsed by us).
- Click "Start Scan" to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click "Repair All" to fix all issues.
In order to quickly fix the issue like the one which brought you here and prevent other ones from happening, we advise you to download ReimagePlus now! Thus, not only will you have an error-free PC, but it will also be as fast as when you first bought it.
Lihat Sumbernya → Download and install SyncToy on Windows 10
Download MP3 Terbaru → Harry Roesli Mp3 Download