At Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC) on Monday, the company announced iOS 10, its latest operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. iOS 10 is Apple's biggest release to date and comes with a host of new features, including changes for iMessage and Photos, a Siri SDK, a new Raise to Wake feature and much more.
If you can't wait until the fall to get your hands on iOS 10, then you can enroll for the public beta that will be available in July.
However, if July is also still too far off, we also look at how you can download the iOS 10 beta 1 version that is currently for developers, even if you aren't a developer.
iOS 10 beta compatibility
Unlike previous versions of iOS, the latest operating system will not be compatible with all devices. You will need one of the devices listed below to download iOS 10 beta.
iOS 10 is compatible with the following iPhones:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
iOS 10 is compatible with the following iPads:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4th-gen, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
iOS 10 is compatible with the following iPod touch:
- iPod touch 6th-gen
How to sign up for iOS 10 public beta
While the public beta of iOS 10 is not yet available, it is possible to get ahead of the game and enroll now for the public beta program. An exact release date for the public beta has not been announced yet, but it will start sometime in July.
- Go to the Apple Beta Software Program page and log in with your Apple ID.
- Enroll the eligible iOS device that you will want to run the iOS 10 public beta on.
- Follow the instructions and then wait until July when the public beta will become available.
If you can't wait until July then it is possible to download the iOS 10 beta 1 currently available for developers, by following the instructions below.
How to download and install iOS 10 beta 1 for developers
If you are a developer, enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, you can download and install the iOS 10 beta 1. If you aren't a developer it is still possible to download the beta, but you will need to sign up for the Apple Developer Program, at an annual cost of $99.
Note: Before installing iOS 10 beta 1 it is important to note that this is a very early beta of the operating system and will likely be prone to many issues that need to be fixed before rolling it out to the general public. It is important that you do not install iOS 10 beta 1 on your primary device.
Make a backup of your device on iTunes
- Check you are using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Click on Summary in the sidebar, and then click on Back Up Now.
- Once the backup has completed, click on iTunes > Preferences > Devices.
- Find the backup for you device and Control-click that backup. Now select Archive.
Download and install process for iOS 10 beta
Log into the Account section of the Apple Developer Program with your Apple ID.
To install iOS 10 beta 1, you will need to register the device's UDID with Apple.
To find the UDID, plug your device into iTunes > select the device > click on the serial number and you will see the UDID > copy the number.
On the main Account section > click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles. In the Devices section (left-hand panel) click All > click the '+' icon in the right-hand panel > add the UDID.
Download iOS 10 beta
Go to Develop > Downloads (alternatively click on this link for the Downloads page). From the drop down, select your device and start downloading the iTunes-restorable iOS 10 beta firmware file.
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your Mac or Windows PC > launch iTunes > connect your iOS device to your computer.
Install iOS beta
Hold down the Alt key (Mac users) or Shift key (Windows users) > click on the Restore iPhone button > select the iOS 10 beta file you downloaded earlier. iTunes will start the install of iOS 10 beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Tip: You can also download iOS 10 beta 1 using over-the-air programming (OTA). Go to the Download page > under iOS 10 beta, click on Download. Once the install is complete (may require a restart) head to General > Settings > Software Update on your device. Once the iOS 10 beta OTA update appears > tap Download and Install.
iOS 10 will be available in the fall
If you have no interest in downloading and installing the various beta versions of iOS 10, the latest operating system will be available in the fall for all users with an eligible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Image via: Apple
- Latest Posts
Latest posts by Collen Kriel (see all)
- How to watch theCUBE's live interviews from the Nutanix .NEXT Conference | #NEXTConf - June 17, 2016
- How to watch LIVE coverage and interviews from DockerCon 2016 with theCUBE | #DockerCon - June 17, 2016
- iOS 10 tips & tricks: How to 'delete' built-in apps like Calculator, Maps, Notes, more - June 15, 2016
Lihat Sumbernya → How to download and install iOS 10 beta 1 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Download MP3 Terbaru → Paundrakarna Mp3 Download